Cisco Cloud Services Router Review

A stable product that offers enhanced security via machine learning assessment tools

What is our primary use case?

My team is in charge of auditing the security infrastructure of these routers. I perform penetration testing and blue teaming in pursuit of this effort.

Our customers for this product are typically government departments.

In the current project, we are designing smart cities, in which these routers are part of the infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the artificial intelligence assessment models. This is something that this product has over MikroTik.

What needs improvement?

Over the past couple of years, I've noticed that the Cisco CLIs and web-based interfaces have changed. As such, there is a bit of a learning curve for people. It is understandable that newer technology is different, but it would be helpful if the interface had more in common with the older, legacy systems. There should be a system in place to help existing users make an easier transition to the newer interfaces.

I have been working with Cisco routers for at least four or five years.

Cisco is a market leader in its field and this is a very stable product.

There is no doubt that this Cisco solution is scalable. I do expect to scale more in the future.

I do not set up or administer the networks, so I do not need to speak with technical support.

In addition to Cisco, I have experience with routers from MikroTik and Juniper. These are all very good routers, switches, and infrastructure in general.

I prefer Cisco because I have more people in my team who are Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNAs), Cisco Certified Security Professions(CCSPs), and Cisco Security Officers (CSOs).

We work with large distributed systems and the routing systems are quite complicated. We also have multiple vendors that make up our infrastructure, so the setup for us is complex because of our architecture.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Cisco Cloud Services Router reviews from users
...who compared it with Juniper Enterprise Routers
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Juniper, MikroTik and others in Routers. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.