Cisco Data Center Network Manager Review

The automation of features that used to be done manually is a significant time saver

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of the solution is for automation. We're an airline so a lot of people buy from us. We are vendors and I'm an IT manager.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable features in this solution: The automation of the ILS, the automation of the small changes, the lands updates, scheduling, integration - basically, the pushing of features that we used to do manually. It's a good product.

What needs improvement?

The robustness in the API could be improved. I also think Cisco could look into reducing the pricing of the solution.

I've been using this solution since it's been on the market.

The stability hasn't been too bad.

There are no issues with scalability.

The technical support is a gap for us as a company. When I think of technical support, there's two types: There's developmental and then there's operational support. Cisco shines at developmental support and new products. Operational support, and then continuing to keep the lights on, is an area that could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Any company needs to understand that it requires a commitment, the need to employ somebody who's a specialist, who understands and can manage the portal itself. If you do that, there are many benefits to be had.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Cisco Data Center Network Manager reviews from users