1) Combined management of both Ethernet and storage networks can be achieved in a single dashboard using Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) which enables network and storage administrators to troubleshoot health and performance across the whole range of Cisco NX-OS Software platforms
2) By using Cisco DCNM, IT administrators can identify available port capacity, reclaim orphaned ports, and maintain inventory of logical and physical switch components.
3)Cisco DCNM also simplifies deployment SAN and LAN components by providing wizard- and template-based provisioning and configuration.
4) Role-based access control (RBAC) helps separate configuration of LAN and SAN networks on converged network switches.
5)DCNM supports TACACS+, RADIUS, and now Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) remote authentication protocols to help manage user access to switching infrastructure.
1. The dashboard is not very user friendly, specifically for new users. Its needs a bit of getting used to and thus better suited experienced users.
2. Managing LDAP remote authentication is not straight forward and needs a bit of tweaking. I had to struggle a bit to set things up. However, once setup it just works without any hassle.