Cisco Data Center Network Manager Review

A stable monitoring and backup solution for our customers that is easy to install

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to manage our customer's storage network, collect their data, and to back up their data.

Customers want us to monitor the data samples, or they may request that we do some management of the network devices.

The deployment model we are using is a stand-alone, on-premises. For each site, they had six different types and for all of them, we used only one Data Centre Manager.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see it merged with Prime and I think that it should be more unified.

I have been using this solution for almost twelve years.

This solution is quite stable. After installation, you almost forget that it is working.

It is difficult to provide an opinion on the scalability because each data center has its base and its own data center manager.

I could not give you exact numbers, but approximately, I would say that they have twenty devices.

I have not contacted technical support because I haven't needed any support.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

If they want to mix storage in it, they can use it to manage the devices. They cannot, however, do this through the database client. It can only be done through the manager.

We are partners with Cisco.