Cisco Data Center Network Manager Review

Dependable and has excellent stability

What is our primary use case?

We use this product as an enterprise network troubleshooting solution and also the operator of the VPN (Virtual Private Network) solution for our enterprise network.

What is most valuable?

For our purposes, excellent stability is the most valuable feature because we provide services for clients who need a dependable solution.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improved integration with other tools. It would be nice to have the ability to more easily collect information from other software when doing some types of analysis.

We have not been using this solution for a very long time but it has been about two years.

The stability of this product is good. It is our clients who are working with the solution. We do not get complaints. It is hard to say exactly how many users are using Data Center Network Manager in those companies. We treat the data from those customers in the system and perform analysis.

We do not actually deal with Cisco's customer support as our clients have their own teams for this purpose. They are responsible for communications with their own contacts at Cisco, not us.

We provide the services so the responsibility for the setup is the customer's job. It is not our responsibility to set up the system for deployment. While this may be a little difficult for less experienced users, for an engineer who is familiar with Cisco setting up the product will be easy for them. Less experienced users will probably have to contact Cisco for assistance.

The product is licensed with contracts that work on a yearly basis rather than a monthly model.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Cisco Data Center Network Manager as an eight-out-of-ten. Maybe even a nine-out-of-ten. It is a very good product but every product can be improved. The documentation for this product can certainly be improved, for example.

More Cisco Data Center Network Manager reviews from users
...who compared it with SolarWinds NPM
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Paessler AG and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.