Cisco DNA Center Review

With ISE integration you now have really centralized authentication, authorization, and profiling

What is our primary use case?

Automating customers' campus networks, redesigning their networks and giving much more visibility on traffic flows.

How has it helped my organization?

As a company, we significantly reduced operation and maintenance costs for our top customers, and simplified network resources planning.

What is most valuable?

• Analytics, because it really can improve your network based on what your company really does.
  • Security, because with ISE integration you now have really centralized authentication, authorization, and profiling.

What needs improvement?

Better compatibility with third parties and to other Cisco products because if versions are not perfectly matching requirements, it gives a lot of problems.

Less than one year.

We've still not received long-term feedbacks from customers, but for now, I can totally suggest the solution.

It can scale very well from really small to huge and distributed networks.

Nothing to complain about. Instead, they helped us to find alternative solutions and design when something was not still supported by the platform.

We always deployed traditional campus networks because there wasn't a real alternative.

The initial setup is well driven; you can do it wrong only if you try to improvise.

I've been very well supported by the vendor's technical team especially when versions were changing on a monthly basis.

As system integrators, we're now able to use an operations team to follow specific and highly difficult problems and not losing a lot of time in garbage ticket to configure a single port, a single policy, etc.

The price is really high, but it's worth every single dollar you pay. Keep attention on licensing model because you don't really need top licenses on every node and that can help to spare some money.

Yes, we evaluated more traditional equipment like Catalyst 38xx/36xx/68xx and so on.

What other advice do I have?

If you plan to implement, I suggest you follow the guide step by step and do not proceed on your own, else you'll face a lot of problems and you'll need lots of support from Cisco TAC.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Techinical System integration