Cisco DNA Virtualization [EOL] Review

Good support, feature-rich, and works well from a technical perspective

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and we are currently working on a project with a client who is using this solution. It is used for private cloud or data center virtualization.

What is most valuable?

We make use of all of the features that are available.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful to have better information on how to implement this product.

The price of this solution could be lower.

We have been working with Cisco DNA Virtualization for the past two years.

Initially, we had some issues with stability but now it is okay.

This is a scalable solution.

Cisco has a good technical support team.

We work with many different vendors for storage and security solutions. However, we have not worked with a solution that is similar to this one before.

The initial setup is not easy. The difficulty comes from the fact that many customers have been working with traditional networking systems for 10 to 20 years, and the concept of Cisco DNA Virtualization is different. It means that they have to adapt.

We handle the implementation of this solution for our customers.

Cisco products are not cheap.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, from a technical perspective, this product is good, but it could be improved with respect to pricing. It is also difficult to implement.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, VMware, Micro Focus and others in Network Virtualization. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.