Cisco Email Security Review

This product has made my on-premise messaging platform more secure

What is our primary use case?

i'm usining it as frontal gateway for controlling and securing the mails flows to my on-premises exchange servers

How has it helped my organization?

This product has made my messaging platform more secure. it contain and extended security feature ,policy rules for filtering , and multiple engine for scaning add to that encription , security is very important for critical business with data inhouse.

What is most valuable?

after doing a third party pentesting, they found the security at a high level regarding the messaging security part testing,and the only recommendation they gave and need improvement is adding the sendboxing, for those attack ranked at zero day attack, which can't be detected.

knowing i'm using premium licensing, i checked the Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), which is on-demand feature, i found that, this feature act like a sendboxing

What needs improvement?

With each product release since 2012, they have continuously fixed our issues or complaints. In the beginning, it needed a lot of work. Now, we are happy with it.

More than five years.

It is currently stable. I will upgrading next year, but the current version has been working great for six year.

We have two people (system administrators) performing maintenance for the system and security part for the company.

Everything is fine with the scalability.

We have 400 users on this product, with two site, 2 physical appliance in one site and one physical appliance in the second site the three working as a cluster, and next year, we plan to increase our usage and move to the newer physical appliance version. because those we're using , are arriving to them end of life soon.

The technical support is good.

Right now, I am paying for it, but I don't use it because the solution is stable.

I have previously used McAfee, Kaspersky, TrendMicro, barracuda, websense.

The initial setup was complex because I have two sites with physical clusters. and i made it alone during the working hour without interruption.

The length of deployment will depend on the complexity of your infrastructure and your knowledge.

What other advice do I have?

This product is the complete solution and the real deal.

I am using the on-premise version.