Cisco Email Security Review

Because we can customize policies with it, we have good documentation

What is our primary use case?

It's pretty normal daily incoming and outgoing emails. We have customized policies based on our security measures using this tool to scan the emails in our inboxes. We also check all incoming emails.

How has it helped my organization?

Because we can customize policies with it, we have good documentation.

What is most valuable?

I can customize the configuration and policies.

What needs improvement?

There should be some type of help section that can help us configure clients' emails. Sometimes, we just need to customize the quality.

The graphical user interface is not user-friendly like other vendors. I find it very difficult at times to find some options on the UI.

It's very difficult to configure at that time.

Three to five years.

I have had no complaints with the stability.

The scalability is quite good. We have three administrators using it. The product is serving around 2000 to 3000 people in our environment.

The technical support is quite good. Whenever I need them, I just raise a case, then someone responds. I have no complaints.

The implementation is quite straightforward, but the customization can is a bit difficult. It took us three hours to implement and three to seven days to configure.

Before implementing, we had to design a new program.

We had a partner who did the deployment and customization, who was very good. Also the Cisco support was there, so anything that we felt uncomfortable with, or when we could not understand policy, we just raised the case, and they helped us with it.

From our end, three to four people were involved in the deployment.

We are also using Sophos Email Appliance in conjunction with Cisco Email Security. We use them both together as a solution.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, it is a very good product, and I'm very happy with it.