Cisco Enterprise Network Functions Virtualization Review

A reliable solution with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. It is used to help manage networks and services.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are stability and support. The support system that they have in place is very good and they are easy to reach.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the principle scan introduce more models, to help with scalability issues. Some other competitors have more options.

On a smaller scale, there is not much variation in the product. The customer has a choice of a small number of categories.

The performance could be improved.

It would be helpful if they offered modularized upgrades, such as additional memory or a faster processor.

I have been working with Cisco products for about ten years and more specifically, the Enterprise network Functions Virtualization for the past year.

The product is always running and it is stable.

Our customers for this solution vary in size.

The support from Cisco is very good and I am satisfied with it.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the environment and requirements. If you get certified then it will be straightforward and you can set it up to do whatever the client wants. The deployment will take at least a couple of hours, and perhaps up to four or five hours for a more complex configuration.

We implement this solution for our customers and one junior engineer is enough to handle the deployment.

There is a separate charge for support.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to first review the technology on the market. There are several things to plan for, including integration with other products.

Overall, I feel that this is a good product and I recommend it.