Cisco Enterprise Routers Review

Stable and used across a variety of industries

What is our primary use case?

We are using the Cisco product in the core Banking industries, and Linksys products are being used in educational institutes and small enterprises.

We are using Cisco switches as a core switch in the Education sector, such as engineering colleges or in small colleges but in the main colleges, we are using the Cisco switches.

The primary use case of this solution is for parallel branches in the banking sector for the cloud and with IPSec.

What needs improvement?

With Cisco Linksys, we need better pricing. Cisco is an expensive product, much more so that other products, such as those by HP.

The Cisco Switches and Routers price should be reduced.

We need better pricing and support.

For Cisco Routers, we need better pricing, better implementation, and support.

I have been selling Cisco Linksys Switches for 15 years.

There are only a few models available in India. Nowadays, we are selling Cisco with Linksys.

We are selling Cisco Wi-Fi routers and switches under the name of Linksys, and other products are available under the Cisco branding.

I have been selling Cisco Enterprise Routers for approximately 16 years.

Both the switches and routers are stable products.

In India, 50% of the customers are using Cisco and the other 50% are using other products.

We plan to continue selling Cisco Routers, as it's a never-ending demand from our customers.

The Cisco line support is not good in India. It takes too long. You can email or go live, but it takes more time to get support from Cisco.

The installation of Cisco Switches or Routers is never easy.

They are command line only, while other routers have a GUI, which is easier to install.

The deployment of the router can take anywhere from one hour to three days.

The switches can take four hours.

Linksys products are cheaper than Cisco Switches.

Cisco Switches are an expensive product in India.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco is the number one brand in India. I would recommend this product.

Cisco is a good product that is stable. However, because of pricing, customers go with other brands.

I would rate Cisco a nine out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Cisco Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Juniper Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
479,763 professionals have used our research since 2012.