Cisco Enterprise Routers Review

Easy plug-and-play usage, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers. We provide products for our clients.

I am using this solution for my network in the office.

We mainly sell it to the government departments, who also use it on-premises for their LAN.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most is that it's an easy plug and play device to work with.

What needs improvement?

I haven't really delved deeply into the configuration, so from the router's point of view, I can't provide much of an opinion. From the switches perspective, I feel there isn't much that can be done because again, I have delved into the configuration.

When we set up a LAN and we use Cisco, it makes life easy. If instead, we buy it from the distributor, it comes provisioned with the licenses. We just plug it in, and the network goes up, except when we need to do a VLAN.

The only other thing we struggled with from time to time is when we were configuring access points through a controller. The challenge we had was because our client used a firewall and they used a proxy, which gave us many challenges in relation to the configuration. But other than that, it went well.

The price should be reduced.

Our clients are mainly government and they want to implement CCAT6A and they come up with extremely stringent conditions. It made it difficult for us to even bid because they want gold certified partners. It became a bit tricky for us to submit the bids.

I have been working with Cisco Enterprise Routers for eight years.

There are no issues with stability.

It's a scalable solution.

We have not contacted technical support with this project. We felt it's something we could sort out ourselves and then we managed to sort it out.

It's not a fair price, it's a bit too high.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, but I would ask them to buy from the channel, they shouldn't buy from the market. Because once they buy it from the channel, they do have a lot of benefits that they can derive from it.

I would rate Cisco Enterprise Routers an eight out of ten.

More Cisco Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Juniper Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
479,763 professionals have used our research since 2012.