Cisco Enterprise Routers Review
Huawei is unable to achieve Cisco's level of quality

The wireless router is probably the most important part of our daily life for network configuration.
It is the main door to connect to the Internet, and then share the network or WI-Fi signal for all connected devices. Director for, as well as file sharing, voice over IP, remote access and other services, according to the VPN.
The router is functioning normally 24-7. There are thousands of data packets to pass through every day, and is expected to run smoothly. Paradoxically, it is also a unit of less interest to most people. In fact, it has been observed that when not working properly, Router which is not only fast but feature rich is also very important to have a reliable option.
In my opinion, Cisco’s enterprise products contains important features like WAN ports, LAN ports, Integrated Service Router (ISR) capability which perform multimedia streamlines, transforms service delivery for cloud and cell phone device connectivity. Another feature of the Cisco enterprise Router is that all the ISR routers have Cisco proprietary protocol IGRP , EIGRP (the popular Cisco’s protocols) and Cisco discovery protocol . Wireless enterprise Router provides security in four forms like WPA2, WPA2-Enterprise, WPA-Enterprise, WPA which ensures better security through 128 bit encryption (up to 256 bit encryption is possible). From an administration point of view, I feel that it's easy for the Admin. To configure a router through its CLI interface. Now a day all he latest version of Cisco handles IPV6 integration and usage.
Counterparts of Cisco are the juniper and Huawei which have no any specialized proprietary protocols which still cause them to lay down in front of Cisco’s routers. Huawei introduces many router rich in feature in low price but still it is unable to achieve that level of quality. The router is simple to install, setup and maintain , friendly and top notch GUI to configure through both web base or CLI base platforms.
Disadvantage
I didn’t find any disadvantage except the energy utilization and power consumption which has been compensated in new handy versions of Routers . Also the Cisco proprietary protocols (EIGRP, IGRP and CDP) can best be utilized with the Cisco’s router only.

2 Comments

Dylan BunfillReal UserTOP 20

Faisal,
Hello I'm Dylan, I'm happy to see that you are getting what you need out of the Cisco routers. I see that you are an Engineer at a University. What besides routing would you say is a highly important feature for a University to have? Are you looking to have any new projects this year?

19 January 15
M.Faisal RiazReal UserTOP 20POPULAR

Hi Dylan

Thanks for reaching out. As from your comment, it seems that you are asking and offering me at the same time:) right? So I have no new projects right now. And what I am getting from Cisco's router is the thing I observed during my usage of Cisco's router and if any other things come up, I will let you know.

22 February 15