Cisco Enterprise Routers Review

An easy solution to configure with much relevant documentation

What is most valuable?

Something I like about the solution is all the options it offers and ways it can be configured. I can do things with ease and find the relevant documentation to assist me. I believe that the reason the company chose to go with Cisco products is because they offer everything needed.

What needs improvement?

While scalability is available, it must be paid for. The licensing and price could be improved as the equipment purchased may come with very basic commands that require the consumer to pay for a more expensive license for a greater array of functions. The licensing policy can sometimes be very complicated.

All other aspects of the solution are fine, as in the past it was only possible to use certain commands to configure the solution, but now there is also the option of using a graphical interface.

We have been using Cisco Enterprise Routers for around 10 years.

The solution is very stable.

While scalability is available, this option costs money.

We do not have experience with technical support for the simple reason that we did not purchase it. As such, we must rely on ourselves for this or read the relevant documentation.

What other advice do I have?

More Cisco Enterprise Routers reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Juniper Enterprise Routers
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Enterprise Routers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.