Cisco Enterprise Routers Review

Good performance and the DNA is expected to improve security

What is our primary use case?

We use these routers in our data centers, in several places.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the Cisco DNA (Digital Network Architecture).

We achieve good performance in our data center. We are connected to the other locations via remote lines and the capacity is lower than what is supported by the equipment. Clearly, the equipment is good.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see the security improved.

I have been using this solution for about fifteen years.

To this point, this has been a stable solution.

The scalability has been ok until now.

We work with a consultant firm for our technical support.

We have always used Cisco equipment. Cisco is known worldwide by everyone and most people know what they stand for.

The complexity of the solution depends on what you are going to implement.

Just routing the internet into our location is simple and straightforward. It's always through the MPLS, which means that we don't need to be aware of things other than configuring the firewall.

The setup can be quite difficult, but that's the way Cisco likes to do it. That's why we need to hire extra people from the outside to come and help.

We are still in the process of deploying this solution.

We are using consultants to assist us with our deployment and they are very qualified to do this setup.

What other advice do I have?

The Cisco name guarantees that it is a good product and it meets most of the demands.

We expect that Cisco DNA will solve the problems that we had in terms of security. It was quite difficult before, with the 802.1X. Now, it is more flexible.