Cisco Enterprise Routers Review

Good security, throughput, stability, and technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for some of our customers is to build their network. Others want to upgrade their networks because they have expanded their office or have new offices or new buildings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are security and throughput. Security is very important and the throughput is valuable because the data amounts get bigger each time.

What needs improvement?

The scalability of this solution needs to be improved because the amount of data gets larger and larger as does the network. This should be a part of the site share equipment.

In the next release, I would like to see cloud management and cloud security.

Also, for our customers, if they could have all of their tools in one place for monitoring and configuring their equipment, and it should be very secure.

I have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is very good and stable.

When you sell millions of routers and features, you will always have some type of issue. With any solution you have different situations with installation or with configuration. In general, it's a very low percentage of issues.

This solution is scalable but it does need some improvements.

There are no limitations to the number of users it can have, but it depends on the equipment and the network size. One local router could serve maybe five hundred to one thousand customers, whereas a larger network can accommodate more, so the number of users depends on the equipment and the technical parameters.

In the case of issues, you can contact customer support and it will be resolved in a very short time.

The technical support is very good.

I used to be an integrator and when I had some cases or tasks we had very quick and qualified support with Cisco.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward. This solution has a web-based interface which makes it easy for installation.

The deployment can take one or two days. If it's a new implementation and it just needs to install one router in a network, it can take less than a day. But, if it's in Europe and it has a complicated network because they are large, it will take time to make new routes or policies. This can span one or two days.

Some of our customers have their engineers who can implement this solution, so they don't use a reseller or integrator. However, in most situations, resellers and integrators are hired to implement this solution.

What other advice do I have?

Buy official equipment and services from Cisco and you will have fully qualified technical support.

There are no limitations, you should go forward with the solution. There is always something new being developed and it is always growing.

This is a company that is very innovative.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.