Cisco Ethernet Switches Review

Reliable, with a good reputation, easy to setup, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators. We deal with Cisco solutions for our customers in data centers, enterprise networks, and Service Cloud networks.

What is most valuable?

Cisco's support is number one in the world.

It is very stable.

As a company, they have a very good reputation. They invest a lot in research, and they come up with new solutions, new technologies, and new products.

What needs improvement?

The price could be improved by being reduced.

The new software has been released in Cisco Switches, which is meeting with the market's demands. Earlier they used to have many different models.

This solution is still lacking in some areas.

I have been working with Cisco Ethernet Switches since 2000. Twenty years now.

Within the twenty years, we have had many issues. There could be a data error, there could be a software bug or hardware failure. It happens, it's a machine.

Cisco's technical support is very good.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not complex.

They have a very good website. If you get stuck, you can go to the website to get a solution. That's the beauty of Cisco products, everything is available on the website.

The price is a bit on the high side.

Normally what they do is go case by case and give discounts based on the customer's budget, and on the competition.

What other advice do I have?

For anyone who is interested in using switches, I would definitely recommend Cisco. They are pioneers in the industry and you can find Cisco engineers anywhere.

Nowadays, everything is fine. They are good, and they move forward with the latest technologies. They are always ahead of their competitors. I feel that now they are on the right track and I don't see any issues.

Customers always choose Cisco.

I would rate Cisco Ethernet Switches a nine out of ten.

More Cisco Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with HPE Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.