Cisco Ethernet Switches Review

Stable, feature-rich, with good functionalities and the support is valuable and timely

What is our primary use case?

They are superior in their class, and there are different functionalities for different models.

We are using this solution on campus. You can roll-out the feature to anywhere from 100 to 10,000 users. You can link the main campus to the small offices and deploy the features.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the auto-complete functionality and the end-to-end functionalities, such as routing with the channel.

The hardware has very good features.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be more secure. They have to find a more secure way of action.

They should have ways to stop the attacks.

Because of the cyber attacks, they should focus more on VoIP.

This product is very stable.

This solution is very scalable.

Cisco technical support is very good. They provide timely and valuable support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The installation is quite simple and quite easy to configure.

They provide good examples that are available on the website. It's very easy to navigate to go through the documents.

We can design as per our requirements.

Depending on the features the deployment and implementation can take anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours.

More technical guys are required for the deployment of the features and the testing can be managed by two.

A team of three to five members is enough to deploy and test all of the features.

With all of the features and when you compare with other solutions, the cost is much less.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend these switches to others who are interested in using them.

I would rate Cisco Ethernet Switches a nine out of ten.

More Cisco Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with HPE Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.