Cisco Ethernet Switches Review

Adds value to virtual workloads, the stability is good, and competitively priced

What is our primary use case?

We use Cisco Ethernet Switches to improve the latency in the Data Center.

What is most valuable?

Cisco Switches serve their purpose. They add value to the virtual workload. You can tap into all of the features for your virtual workload environment.

What needs improvement?

Cisco has a lot of propriety protocols compared to other products, such as Arista Networks.

I have been using Cisco Ethernet Switches for a couple of years.

We are using the latest version.

This is a stable product. I have no issues with stability.

It's a scalable solution. Our end users are our customers. We have thousands of people using these switches that we have implemented.

Technical support is good.

The installation was straightforward.

One day is not enough for the configuration. It takes time, and there is a plan. You have to speak with the customer to see what they want and need in their environment.

Planning takes a couple of days, but once you know what you are doing, it only takes a couple of hours.

We have a team of 30 to 40 to deploy and maintain this solution.

It tends to be a bit pricey, but competitive. When you compare with other products, they are more or less the same price.

What other advice do I have?

I have not had any bad experiences with Cisco.

We have plans to continue using this solution. I would recommend it to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Cisco Ethernet Switches an eight out of ten.

More Cisco Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with HPE Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.