Cisco Ethernet Switches Review

Ethernet switches that are highly user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We use it for VLAN tagging and VLAN port enabling.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The price could be better. It should be affordable for any organization.

I have been using Cisco Ethernet Switches for more than eight years.

I have never faced any issues with stability.

The initial setup isn't straightforward. It depends on how knowledgeable you are. But Cisco will support us whenever we buy products. There's product documentation that needs to be followed. It took hardly 15 minutes to set up and deploy.

However, the time can be extended if you want to configure different things. If you want to add VLANs, then it will take time. We have to decide on what we have to do before doing it. Based on that, the timeline will really differ. We have a tiny team at my organization, just two others working with me.

I've always reached out to my consultant to support me whenever we buy a new switch. If they share some knowledge documents, I can look into that, and I can do it myself.

Cisco is an industry leader, but the price is very high.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to potential users, but it depends on their requirements.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Cisco Ethernet Switches an eight.

Model SG300 and later
More Cisco Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with HPE Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.