Cisco Ethernet Switches Review

Good performance and simplifies operations through minimal maintenance

What is our primary use case?

Cisco Ethernet Switches are being used as part of our new data centers.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps us simplify operations through minimal maintenance and ease of patching.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the performance.

The Cisco Feature Navigator is a web-based application that enables you to quickly match Cisco IOS, IOS XE, IOS XR, NX-OS, and CatOS software releases to features. This is available to all Cisco.com users, both registered and non-registered guests.

What needs improvement?

Cisco needs to include new features to attract new customers.

I have been using Cisco Ethernet solutions for the last 20 years.

This solution is stable enough that it will not create problems in everyday usage.

This system can accommodate expansion without hampering the existing workflow and ensure an increase in output or efficiency.

Customer service is good. They are responsive within the time frame and resolve our issues.

I haven't used a different solution. We did the upgrade as part of the lifecycle when the previous equipment became end-of-life. It was time for the investment. At the same time, we were building out new data centers.

The setup was straightforward and it is easy to deploy.

We have implemented with the help of a vendor and we have an in-house team that is taking care of maintenance.

ROI is doubled with the solution.

I did not evaluate other options before choosing Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

I will advise others to buy without any hesitation, as the product quality and deliverables are far more than others without comparing cost. This solution is the best.

Hybrid Cloud
More Cisco Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with HPE Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.