Cisco FabricPath Review

A stable networking solution with good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a leading solution integrator and Cisco FabriPath is one of the products that we implement for our customers.

This solution makes up part of an enterprise LAN.

What is most valuable?

The technical assistance is good.

What needs improvement?

The exact role that this solution plays, as compared to other products by Cisco, is unclear to our customers. It is sometimes difficult to highlight exactly what individual products are used for and it is something that should be simplified.

This product doesn't have its own LAN monitoring tool.

There would be more support for this solution if there were options available for those with a smaller budget.

We have been working with Cisco for at least ten years.

Cisco FabriPath is a stable solution. Apart from a few cases, we have had no issues with reliability.

We have not had any issues with scalability.

We are satisfied with the technical support.

We primarily use Cisco, but apart from that, we also use networking solutions from Aruba.

If a customer has a critical demand for a product from another vendor such as Juniper or HPE then we can provide it. However, normally we use either Cisco or Aruba.

We are satisfied with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Most of our customers are satisfied with the solutions from Cisco. That said, nothing is ever completed because everybody has their own difficulties and challenges.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

9000 series
More Cisco FabricPath reviews from users
...who compared it with Juniper QFabric
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Juniper, Arista and others in LAN Switching. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.