Cisco Firepower NGFW Review

User-friendly, easily managed, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and system integrator, and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our end users. We have experience with many firewall products from different vendors.

The specific use case depends on the customer and their environment. They design the firewalls, and we supply the appropriate equipment.

The majority of deployments are on private networks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the Firepower solution is FireSIGHT, which can be easily managed and is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The performance and the level of throughput need to be improved. This would make things easier for us.

I would like to see the inclusion of more advanced antivirus features in the next release of this solution.

Adding internet accounting features would also be a good improvement.

This solution is completely stable, and we have not had any issues.

Scalability of this solution is ok. They have the IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), online updates, and signature updates.

One customer might have, for example, two hundred and fifty users, whereas another might have one hundred users. There are different models for different numbers of end-users.

Technical support is ok, and we have had no problem with them.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

The price of this solution is not good or bad. It is ok.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from working with this solution is to always update the firewall. If you do not have the latest updates then it will not function well, so always keep it up to date.