Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Review

An easy out-of-the-box solution that one person can manage

What is our primary use case?

We use it in our production environment for some tasks, such as availability, easy scalability, easy setup, and independence from too many solutions put together. We use FlexPod as another one for mutualized infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

It is easy for one person to manage, and you don't need to have different expert specialists to configure your storage networking, on the server side, power side, etc.

It is an out-of-the-box solution. It can be used with little to large size equipment and make things work quickly.

What is most valuable?

Its most valuable features are:

• Its flexibility
  • It is a non-stop solution.
  • It is an all-in-one solution.
  • It is a cost saving solution.
  • When we use it for VDI solutions, it is very easy to deploy and support.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have an easy solution calculation to plan my infrastructure and complete my licenses. Because as of now, I have to read a lot of materials and documents.

We have been using this solution for about two years and nothing has happened. We have had no downtime yet. I believe it will work perfectly over the long-term.

It is very easy to scale with this solution.

Their tech support is very clear and easy to work with, and we haven't any problem with them.

We evaluated:

The setup was complex, especially since we usually do all the planning, sizing, and workflows before integration.

We always deploy all the solutions for our team. Because our market is not as large as in big countries, our partners sometimes do not seek out teams who can deploy difficult solutions. Since our company is one of the biggest in our country, deployments depends on very hard integrations between system. This is too hard for an external company because they would need to take a long time to understand what we need and how we need to deploy it. The easiest way is to have our own team.

Pricing is better if you buy more Cisco products.

What other advice do I have?

Don't afraid to try other solutions. Companies are constantly changing. Sometimes some little companies bring about the perfect solution for other products. You should research everything.

Cisco has a very wide range of products. You can build everything within Cisco products, and it will be easily deployable. The programming language is the same between it and other software and hardware companies.