Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Review

A good system to run our virtual machines and services on for high performance and high availability

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is virtualization on VMware. We have some virtual machines, which need a lot of computing power, and HyperFlex seems to be a good solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a good system to run our virtual machines and services on for high performance and high availability.

What is most valuable?

You can administer things easily. E.g., if you need more power, you can add a system.

What needs improvement?

There is a VMware plugin for HyperFlex, which sometimes it hangs up in our environment, and doesn't function well.

We started in an early firmware version, so the software release version was a little unstable in the beginning. Now, it is good.

You can add a package to expand the storage space or machines if you need more machine power. If you don't look at the costs of the systems, the scalability is quite good.

I only had one tough case that I brought to the technical support, and they dealt with it quite well.

We have a lot of IBM Systems, which were getting older.

Our entire network is Cisco. There was also a good bundle for the HyperFlex system at the beginning when comparing price and value, and overall, it was a good investment. We received more performance for less money at the start.

A year before we set it up, relative to the software the release, there were a few things you could not know as a customer. This is why we used an integrator who knew how to use and follow command line commands that we couldn't know. However, I think this is now fixed.

For the first time that we installed, we used an integrator for the day.

What other advice do I have?

Take a look at HyperFlex because it is a good system. Out-of-the-box, it runs quite well.