Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Review

It has been great for the deduplication and compression of data, allowing us to save a lot of space

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product right now for our virtual environment.

As the product develops, we are looking forward to utilizing the product on the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been great for the deduplication and compression of data, allowing us to save a lot of space.

If we wanted to deploy a virtual or new application, it used to take months to buy the product or hardware. Now, we can do it within fraction of seconds. That is time.

What is most valuable?

The compression and deduplication are very high. Therefore, we can use the size of the product more efficiently than other storage solutions.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them expand onto the cloud.

HyperFlex has been very stable. It was implemented at our bank a year ago and has had no downtime.

It is scalable. We recently added three more nodes, which went very smoothly.

The technical support is very good, especially from the Cisco side.

We were not previously using another solution.

The initial setup was straightforward when implementing the hardware and deploying the software.

We used a reseller called Data Consult from Lebanon for our deployment. Our experience with them was good.

We have saved a lot of money with this solution, especially with implementation because time is money. Implementing the solution on the same box saves a lot of space.

The price is a bit high. It could be better, but the product is worth the cost.

What other advice do I have?

Try it. The HyperFlex solution is perfect.