Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Review

Stability is really poor, there have been disruptions of clusters which is a big pain point

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for data center virtualization.

What is most valuable?

There's high commodity stuff but nothing is very useful inside. The automation is a valuable feature, it's interesting.

What needs improvement?

Mostly documentation needs to be improved, we need strong documentation. We also want to not need to open a tech case every time we need to troubleshoot. Stability and storage need to be improved.

Stability is really poor, especially the storage stability. We lost data. There were disruptions of clusters and that's one big pain point of the solution. It's not stable enough, the documentation is not good, there's not much documentation available. We need a tech engineer for every call.

Scalability was cool on the marketing site but the two node clusters crashed. I'm not willing to build large scale infrastructure with this product because it's not stable enough.

Technical support is good but we need it for every piece we do. For every change, we need technical support. They are quick to respond and help us solve the issue.

We switched solutions because the market drives us, mostly Cisco drives us. They have high goals. Normally, we build up a classic converged infrastructure but now Cisco wanted us to deploy hyperconverged.

The initial setup is very complex.

We are partners so we integrate it ourselves.

We did not look at other solutions. We only focus on Cisco. We love Cisco and hopefully,  HyperFlex will become a better product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a four out of ten. I would advise someone considering this solution to be careful.