Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Review

The compute storage and virtualization come all in one box

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is VDI and virtualization. We are testing it for VDI. For VDI, HyperFlex has been pretty useful.

How has it helped my organization?

Everything is in the solution. We don't have to connect to something else or pieces from somewhere else. We also receive centralized reports from it.

What is most valuable?

The compute storage and virtualization come all in one box.

What needs improvement?

We would like HyperFlex to connect the storage directly into Fabric Interconnect along with the features of the solution. We have enough ports in HyperFlex. We don't want to buy another set of switches to connect to Fabric Interconnect, complicating the solution. This change would be a great improvement.

We are happy with the stability.

The scalability is fantastic. It scales much more than we need.

We have not used the technical support yet.

Cisco let us know about HyperFlex. We receive training and liked it. We said, "Why not? Let's test it."

The setup is not easy, but it's not complicated. How you implement things can be complex.

We had some courses on it and followed them. So, we did the deployment on ourselves.

We have seen ROI.

We also evaluated VxRail from Dell EMC. However, we went with HyperFlex because it is a Cisco product.

What other advice do I have?

Give HyperFlex a try. Try a demo.

The solution is fantastic for VDI usage.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Product.