Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Review

Easy to deploy and easy management for compute resources in collaboration with VMWare.

What is our primary use case?

• Customer POC
  • Client VMware environment testing.

How has it helped my organization?

Easy to deploy and easy management for compute resources in collaboration with VMWare.

What is most valuable?

They have multiple storages connected with their environment, but the HX storage deduplication and compression feature is the best for the environment.

What needs improvement?

Single console management (like Hyperflex and FIs management).

I mean to say that, we need to log in 2 console one for vcenter and another for Hyperflex manager, this should be on same console page either hyperfex manager settings and monitoring in vcenter or vcenter can be managed by hyperflex console too.

Less than one year.

100 / 100

Best from other competitor. (i believe )

i have face some issue during configuration and have support from Ciso TAC and thay have provide the best support with in time period.

i have configured Dell VXrail and i feel its little bit difficult yo configure then Cisco hyperflex. but the main advantage of VXrail is we dont need existing vcenter, it has its own vcenter cluster by default.

its inital setup is straightforward and easy, just need to understand the Ciso FIs configuration, one who understand that its easy for him.

i am working as a System Engineer for a vendor (IBL-Unisys Pvt Ltd) so i can surely say that we have experts in our organisation. :-)

initial it cost much but it will pay back with its scalability feature and performance.

in my opinion, i recommend Cisco hyperflex.

Dell VXRail, its good too but i like Cisco hyperflex because of its dedup and compression feature.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco-HX-Data-Platform-Installer should contain its own ESXi and VCenter installation during setup, so it can be fit in any organization where no virtual environment is available.