Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series Review

Optimizes cloud environments with seamless migration of a complete data center

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Cisco HyperFlex HX is for data centers. It performs well. The solution helps us simplify operations through minimal maintenance and ease of patching.

We did the upgrade as part of the lifecycle when the previous equipment became end-of-life. It was time for the investment. At the same time, we were building out new data centers.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has improved the way our organization functions by allowing our data centers to perform optimally. It allows us to access our private data centers more seamlessly. This solution is flexible for various projects like cloud migration.

We use Cisco HyperFlex HX to share on the external cloud the ability to access earth science, geophysical data, and core applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are scalability, performance, and reliability. It scales well inside of a large data center.

Cisco HyperFlex HX allows us to connect and scale a lot of different technologies. They're very reliable. It very rarely breaks or has a maintenance issue.

Cisco HyperFlex HX is easy to patch and very cost-effective.

Cisco HyperFlex HX is very stable and reliable.

Cisco HyperFlex HX is very scalable for a large data center solution.

Technical support is excellent when it's needed through Cisco. It's usually fast, responsive, and done right the first time.

On occasions, we've had emergency patching requirements. We worked with Cisco to update those environments fairly quickly.

The initial setup of Cisco HyperFlex HX is straightforward. It is easy to install with plug and play connectivity. It was standard with no complexity at all.

HyperFlex lowered our deployment times approximately 20%.

For the deployment, we used Cisco Professional Services.

We've seen our unit cost of providing services to data centers go down.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate this product a 10 for the reliability, ease of configuration, and customer support.

Everyone should understand connectivity in private and public clouds. We require seamless connectivity throughout and especially with some of the security technologies.

Cisco HyperFlex HX is the best on the market. Everyone should consider it.