Cisco IOS Security Review

Straightforward initial setup and good scalability

What is our primary use case?

Since we do system integration, we have a lot of clients we deploy. There is not really a single case to point to because we have multiple clients. It depends and can vary from customer to customer.

What is most valuable?

Defending the business processes.

What needs improvement?

If they could increase the performance a little better because the device sometimes gets slow. If they could increase the performance it would be great.

I've been using this solution for between seven and eight years.

The solution's stability is quite good. We have about six hundred users.

The scalability is quite good. You can scale it when you need to. As you go, you can scale it. It's quite scalable. It's quite good.

I haven't used technical support yet.

We have been using this solution for six or seven years; we didn't use another solution before.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It only took a couple of hours, it doesn't take long.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice, I would suggest others should use it. It is quite a good product, it is one of the market leaders. I believe it could be as good as other solutions. There are two things you require: one is support and the other one is credibility. Both are there with this product.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten.

More Cisco IOS Security reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about Cisco IOS Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.