Cisco IOS Security Review

Offers good security and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is internet security at the edge.

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco IOS Security gives us a level of trust at the edge as far as being the first line of defense for anything that's trying to get into our network.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is that the solution doesn't really change from year to year. The basics are there and I have so much experience with it that it's easy to use. I also like the security this solution offers.

What needs improvement?

External threats are changing every day, so there are new features coming in. We're more into the command line interface rather.

Offers good security and is easy to use

The stability of this solution is excellent.

We are very satisfied with the scalability of this solution.

The technical support is excellent. We've contacted the tech team a few times and the turnaround time was always almost immediately.

We've always been using this solution and we haven't seen a need to change from it so we haven't looked at other vendors in quite a while because we are totally satisfied with what we have.

The initial setup was straightforward and we did the deployment ourselves. We could go on the internet for any reference that we needed.

We have to renew our license every three years.

What other advice do I have?

My rating for this solution is a ten out of ten because it does everything I need and it is easy enough to use. My advice to others is to definitely have it on their list of vendors to take a look at. I really recommend this solution.