Cisco IOS SSL VPN Review

Simple to use, easy to install, and useful for working from home

What is our primary use case?

I am a researcher, and I am doing my master's in administration. To do the research on the web, I need to get into the database of some sites. As a researcher, to get the most content or see all of the content of the sites, I need to access these sites through my university's network. That's why I use this VPN. If I use my internet connection at home, I would have different access to the data.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows me to use and access the entire content of the site. I can access any kind of content from home for my research. Before the pandemic, I used to use the VPN in my house just at night, but now, I am only working from home, and I use it every day for eight to ten hours a day. It has allowed me to work from home.

What is most valuable?

It is very simple to use, and it allows me to get into the university's network from my home, which is very useful for me.

What needs improvement?

When many people are using the internet at home, which is usually right after dinner, this type of service is a little bit hard to use. The internet becomes quite slow, and sometimes, I have to stop using this application. I am not sure if this issue is because of the application or my internet provider.

I have been using this solution for two years.

It is stable.

We have an internal IT support team. I contacted them just once in two years. They were very helpful and great. They are doing a great job. They have an internal site with all the information, which was very useful in resolving the issues on my own.

It is very easy to install. I used the information available on the university's site to get it working on my machine. It took 10 to 15 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I am completely satisfied with the solution. I would rate Cisco IOS SSL VPN an eight out of ten. It is a good solution.

More Cisco IOS SSL VPN reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, Pulse Secure, Citrix and others in SSL VPN. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.