Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) Review

Profile Sets help organize how AAA is handled by grouping, like traffic into separate subroutines.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We implement this for customers is various verticals. Most of the time oit is in Education. It really helps secure, classify and manage users including guest and BYOD users.

What needs improvement?

The product has improved with its evolution. The initial setup, though, is extremely complex.

10 years. I have used this since it was Cisco ACS

As the product matures I encounter less and less problems.

The produt scales well.

Excellent. TACis quite knowledgable.

I have used Microsoft IAS/NPS, Funk, and Aruba ClearPass. ClearPass is the only product in the same league as Cisco ISE.

ISE is extremely complex. With the functionality and flexibility it offers that is to be expected.

I am the vendors's partner.

Licensing and pricing is a complicated calculation, so it is best to really understand your customers' needs. Also team up with the right resources at Cisco for help.

various
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We resell this product and the services associated with it. I have used several other RADIUS/security products from various vendors.
More Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Aruba ClearPass
Learn what your peers think about Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.