Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) Review

Profile Sets help organize how AAA is handled by grouping, like traffic into separate subroutines.

Valuable Features

Improvements to My Organization

We implement this for customers is various verticals. Most of the time oit is in Education. It really helps secure, classify and manage users including guest and BYOD users.

Room for Improvement

The product has improved with its evolution. The initial setup, though, is extremely complex.

Use of Solution

10 years. I have used this since it was Cisco ACS

As the product matures I encounter less and less problems.

The produt scales well.

Excellent. TACis quite knowledgable.

I have used Microsoft IAS/NPS, Funk, and Aruba ClearPass. ClearPass is the only product in the same league as Cisco ISE.

ISE is extremely complex. With the functionality and flexibility it offers that is to be expected.

Implementation Team

I am the vendors's partner.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Licensing and pricing is a complicated calculation, so it is best to really understand your customers' needs. Also team up with the right resources at Cisco for help.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We resell this product and the services associated with it. I have used several other RADIUS/security products from various vendors.