Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) Review

Highly scalable and enables us to have visibility of all the changes happening on certain devices

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is as a server for my networking devices.

How has it helped my organization?

We have multiple metal devices from different places that use management, so we need to know who would be accessing all those devices and what changes are being done to those metal devices. With Cisco ISE we have visibility of all the changes happening on those devices.

What is most valuable?

The authorization feature is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

Support and integration for the active devices needs to be worked on. Their features mainly work well with Mac devices. If we use an HP the Mac functionalities may no longer be able to deliver.

More than five years.

It's not very stable. Product-wise, in terms of performance and in terms of stability, I don't experience any challenges.

It's highly scalable but it's challenging to scale-up non-Cisco products. We currently have around 50 users and 11 employees monitoring the device. We don't have any plans to increase usage.

Their technical support is pretty good. They have a good database and knowledge space regarding this solution. You'll get the support that you need.

We are also currently using ForeScout for another feature but we are facing multiple challenges with ForeScout implementation.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment and negotiating time depends on your network infrastructure and what kind of environment you have.

What other advice do I have?

You should have a fair understanding of the kubernetes that have been used in their infrastructure.