Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine) Review

Enables us to grant access to users in a secure and easy way

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to grant access to users, we deploy the bring your own device policy.

How has it helped my organization?

Visitors can be granted access to the wifi network using their cellphones, notebooks or tablets in a very easy way. The ease of accessibility that anyone can have to the network is very quick and is a big improvement for our network.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility to grant anyone access to the network easily and in a secure way is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

There should be an easier way to do the upgrades. Customers were having issues going from one version to the next. There are a lot of steps to get to the next version from the previous version which ends up being a bit of the headache with the upgrade.

It's very stable. We have around 200 users and only four people are required for maintenance.

As Cisco partners, the point is that we provide our own support. We prefer our own engineers to be ready to support the solution to provide the service to our customers.

We have seen ROI from using this solution.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to increase usage by around 20 to 30%.

It gives people the peace of mind that they have the possibility to grant access to the people that visit their premises and ensures that they are working in a safe environment that is pure and clear when they use the posture services of the solution.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.