Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Scalable And Stable With Great Security Features for SMBs

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases are for SMBs inside the local area networks and for a LAN switch near two or three switches.

What is most valuable?

I have found their security features the most valuable. These security features are supported on most of the other features. Similarly, the protocols and the standards are supported on other features, such as the cascading feature, the availability feature, and protocols.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if they can provide support for local authentication protocol, which is a security feature. It is not supported for 802.1X feature. They already support security features, so adding some local authentication features would be very nice.

Actually this should be done by Belkin, as you know Belkin acquired Linksys from Cisco Systems on 2013, so it would be nice if Linksys or Belkin could do these enhancements.

I have been using the Cisco Ethernet Switches for about 20 years. I have used the Cisco 1900 series switches, the lower end switches up to 6500 series, and also the Linksys switches.

Cisco and Linksys Ethernet Switches both are stable. They do a relatively stable job.

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches are scalable, and they support stacking like feature that's called cascading.

It depends completely on your agreement or your contract type.

The initial setup of Cisco switches is actually complex. But Linksys switches are easy to setup, that's why I recommend using these devices in SMB environments.

From cost and pricing perspective, they are relatively cheaper than Cisco switches.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product. I have experience in using just Cisco switches, so I don't think that I'm going to replace them with any other vendor and use something else. But for SMBs, I think Belkin or Linksys switches are also fine,because their lower cist and also features they support.

I would rate Linksys Ethernet Switches a ten out of ten for SMB environments.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.