Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Easy to scale, provides good security, and we are happy with the support

What is our primary use case?

I support clients who are doing software development and they have their own servers, so we maintain the Cisco network for them. These switches are what they use in the network infrastructure.

These are small startups that cannot be on the cloud because of local government regulations. As such, they need to have their own switches and routers.

What is most valuable?

What matters most to me is the security of the product, and Cisco does a pretty good job.

What needs improvement?

The Cisco deployment instructions are not very easily available outside of the certification courses. It would be a very good thing if somebody without Cisco certification could learn the system. If Cisco adopted a more open-source mindset, I would personally prefer that.

Technical documents and other configuration-related information should be more freely available online.

The user interface can be improved, although I cannot specifically suggest in which ways. Simply put, anything can be made more intuitive. Even the Apple iPhone can be made better.

I have been using Cisco Linksys Switches for seven years.

Cisco is a very stable product. I don't know anybody on the planet who says that Cisco makes unstable systems

This is a very scalable product. That is the biggest reason we deploy Cisco. It's very easy to scale up. We have about 500 users that might connect to the network.

We are very happy with the support service. I have no concerns with them.

The deployment, testing, and auditing of a new network will take from two to three days to complete.

Our in-house team handles the installation. Once it is complete, I take care of the next steps.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, we are very happy with Cisco products and I recommend these switches.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.