Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Straightforward to set up, and works well for our network core and distribution layers

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for the core and distribution layers.

It's used for normal switching and access. We are only using it with the data center model to have a distribution layer, core layer, and access layer.

What is most valuable?

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches are pretty good overall.

What needs improvement?

There is a lot of competition between Cisco, Juniper, and other switches such as Extreme. Our IT team is comfortable with Cisco switches, but the only problem is that there are many different versions of software that can be used across different platforms of Cisco, and normally with other vendors, we have a unified software that is running across different platforms, but Cisco does not.

We are expecting one software that can run across all of Cisco hardware, software, and Cisco Switch router, similar to what Juniper has.

They are stable, but not as good as Juniper, they could be improved.

We have been working with Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches for more than 15 years.

Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches are stable, but if you are comparing with Juniper, from the routers and switches, Juniper is more stable.

It's a scalable product. In our organization, we have approximately 50 people using it.

We plan to continue using Cisco switches and we are expanding every year.

We have diversity in our network. Usually, we have at least two vendors.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Deployment time depends on the criticality of the location we are installing these boxes. For example, if it is a greenfield, it can take one or two days, and it is a capital location such as a data center it can take some time for measuring and configuration from the old networks to the new network, which would take two or three weeks.

We have a team of many experts who work here.

The deployment team is made up of an engineering team and a deployment team. Also, we have a rollout team for stacking and racking who are technicians.

We did not use a vendor or reseller. We use our experts in our network who have excellent experience with every Cisco product.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches for anyone who is interested in using this solution.

I would rate Cisco switches a seven out of ten.

Nexus Version
More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.