Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Cost effective and good for small businesses but not flexible in terms of configuration

What is most valuable?

The solution is a very good cost-effective product. It has the reputation of a Cisco system, however, it's provided at a much smaller price.

For a home or small business, the solution offers a very good web interface.

What needs improvement?

We've realized that the solution is a very different product from other larger Cisco offerings, even though it's sort-of marketed as a cost-effective alternative for those that need something smaller.

It would be ideal if they could do more configurations and offer more flexibility. Right now, it's not flexible at all.

We've been working with the solution for about seven or eight years at this point. It's been quite a while.

The solution is stable. That's not a problem. It doesn't have bugs or glitches or suffer from crashes. It's pretty reliable.

As far as I understand it, the solution isn't too scalable. The hardware isn't really intended to expand out. It works well for a home or small business, however, it's not really acceptable for a large-scale enterprise.

We only really work with Cisco. However, we are currently looking for alternatives.

That said, it's rare we move off of Cisco and work with another company.

What other advice do I have?

We're a reseller. We work almost exclusively with Cisco.

We are also working with Cisco in providing networking, wireless, WiFi, and everything related to them that works within security. We don't work with Meraki, however. We prefer standard networking devices. We're not comfortable with cloud administration.

We work with small businesses and small firewalls when we use this product and we only really use this particular solution on a few of our projects.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate the solution at a seven.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.