Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Includes basic firewall and VPN features, but the interface is outdated and there is no reporting

What is our primary use case?

We use these switches for basic networking, including firewall and VPN features.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is basic networking functionality.

What needs improvement?

The interface is pretty outdated. I'm sure that there are newer technologies and newer interfaces available now.

This product does not generate reports, so I would like to see something with better reporting.

We have been using the Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches for between 15 and 20 years.

The functionality and stability need to be improved, more than, for example, the price.

When we have an issue, we can't figure out where it is. It is very difficult because there is no straightforward reporting to tell us about problems or a bottleneck. We have to rely on third-party software for this, so it's not easy for us to figure out.

We are a small company and have not needed to scale.

We have local support that not directly from Cisco, but from a third-party.

I find that they make things unnecessarily complicated. I believe the support could be much simpler, faster, and better.

These devices are simple, but at the same time, they are a bit complex. The initial setup is not that straightforward.

Considering the problems that we have, Linksys is overpriced.

I have not used other products but from my research, it seems that Aruba and Ubiquiti have been solutions. Compared to other products, Linksys is less than average.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is not to use Linksys. I would not recommend it. I've used it in different places and the stability of Linksys is always a question mark.

I would rate this solution a four out of ten.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.