Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

A good product that is stable and has a lot of demand

What is our primary use case?

We sell Cisco switches and routers. In unmanaged switches, we sell Linksys. In India, there are only a few models available in Linksys. Nowadays, they are only selling Wi-Fi routers and switches in the name of Linksys. Other products are available under the brand name Cisco.

We are using Cisco products for the core banking sector. We are using Linksys products in educational institutes and small enterprises because Linksys products are cheaper than Cisco switches.

What is most valuable?

It is a stable and good product.

What needs improvement?

It should be cheaper. We need a better price from Cisco.

Its initial setup and support should also be improved.

We have been selling Linksys switches for the past 15 years.

It is very stable.

Cisco's live support is not so good in India. It takes too much time. When you send a mail to Cisco or you go for live support, it takes a lot of time to get support from Cisco. They should be faster as well as more knowledgeable and customer friendly.

It is never easy to add a Cisco switch because they only come with a command-line interface. Cisco switches are using the command-line interface because of security reasons, which is okay and not a problem, but they are not easy to install.

It is costly. Because of its pricing, customers are not ready to buy Cisco solutions, and they are going for other brands.

What other advice do I have?

In India, 50% of customers are using Cisco, and the remaining 50% of customers use other products. We will keep on using this solution because it has a never-ending demand from our customers.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten. It is a stable product.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.