Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Inexpensive and easy to use with excellent stability

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for my personal equipment.

What is most valuable?

Linksys is quite cheap for private use. Usually people use it in homes or other, for example, in-home setups.

The stability is very good. I like the excellent performance.

The solution is easy to use.

The scalability is great.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if, for private users that are not companies, the solution could be made even cheaper.

I've used the solution for a few years now. I tend to use solutions until they reach end-of-life.

The stability is quite good. That said, a few times, if my computer has some problems with internet connection, I'll restart the modem and restart the router and everything will be up. It's quite good in terms of performance.

The solution can scale well. For me, it works well and I have no complaints.

I haven't had any issues with the solution and therefore have never had the need to reach out to technical support. I cannot speak to thier level of helpfulness or responsiveness.

My Lynksys router is pretty old. I can't recall what I had before, however, if I do need to replace it, I may look to see what else is on the market.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. i'm a network engineer, and therefore, I don't face any issues. It's not complex at all.

I'm able to set up the solution on my own. I don't need any integrators or consultants to help me.

The solution is extremely inexpensive. It's great for small setups as it doesn't cost too much.

As I just use it for personal use, I do not pay for a commercial license.

Typically, when I need to replace my equipment, I will do some research to find the best technology and rates. My router is now pretty old and I will be looking to evaluate new solutions in the near future.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've been quite happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.