Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Affordable for small business, stable, and runs without Interruptions

What is our primary use case?

We have used this solution mostly for small businesses.

The primary use case of this solution is for connecting computers to a network.

What is most valuable?

Our clients have not provided any feedback. What they are interested in is that it is working and runs their network with no interruptions. This is why we purchase these switches for our customers.

It is not as good as the original switches Cisco previously had but it is better than other solutions.

What needs improvement?

Some of these switches are still using a GUI interface, but I would prefer using the command line interface like the original system.

Lynksys are only switches using the GUI interface.

Scalability-wise, this solution is not designed for small businesses.

I have been using this solution for nine years.

This solution is stable and it runs without any interruptions.

This solution is scalable, but it depends on the business and the market. Some devices are oriented for the SMB market and not scalable.

There are other devices installed in companies where scalability is possible but it is not something that happens often.

We use the old Cisco devices for clients who have more users and want to expand because they have more scalability features.

Our clients have between five and twenty users.

I have not used and technical support services. I have not needed to.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I know the technology and how it works so it was very easy to setup. Even the online setup is easy and straightforward.

I completed the implementation for our customers. I am the system engineer and provide this service for all of my clients.

Most of the clients don't understand what is going on with the devices. They would need help if they were to do implement it on their own.

It's an affordable price for small companies using on-premises networks where cloud services are too expensive for them.

What other advice do I have?

Linksys is still on the market, but it's more Cisco now. It all depends on the customer's needs and budget.

The problem is the Java installation because most of them rely on Java, and that is the problem with all devices.

If you want a new modern dashboard or management utility, you have to replace the devices.

It's not easy to improve all of the functionalities, and there are new devices on the market.

It cannot be changed and we understand that.

Some devices have more features than what the customer needs or can use.

The computers are more powerful than the capabilities of the ordinary user.

They have already improved. I recently installed a Cisco device, the Cisco FirePower, and it's completely different they are not reliant on Java as they were before.

New devices have a new approach in the next generation in the firewall devices. It is changing.

It's not perfect but I am satisfied.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.