Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

A flexible solution that is suitable in many different networking environments

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to build networks that interconnect different branches and buildings in different layers. We can also connect to a cloud environment.

The model of switch that is used depends on the application. I prefer to use the 4500 series for the distribution layer, but for the access layer, the 2950 series is better.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature related to this solution is that most of the time, it covers all of what we need for our projects. It is suitable as a complete solution.

The generalization is useful.

This is a flexible solution that integrates well with other platforms and products.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see more focus on software-defined networking solutions.

I have been using this solution for nine years.

Usually, this solution is stable. Even when there are bugs or errors, Cisco pays attention to cover them.

This is a scalable solution.

We have about ten users in our current department. They are network engineers.

I am not personally in charge of speaking with technical support, but we are quite satisfied with them.

For a short time, I worked with both Huawei and MikroTik switches, but I was not satisfied with them.

The initial setup of this solution is easy, although it depends on your knowledge and experience. Usually, it is easy. An average deployment might take six hours.

We have our own network team for implementing this solution.

The price of this solution is high, but it depends on the number of units that you want to order.

What other advice do I have?

Cisco is a market leader in this product.