Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

A fast initial setup, easy to configure and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for configuring Linksys IDs with the lines on Linksys access points. I make a cluster for all access points of Linksys to control them from one master.

What is most valuable?

It's very easy to configure URLs.

What needs improvement?

The stability of the solution needs improvement. There's a problem with disconnecting the network. I have to restart it and set it correctly again. After a while, it disconnects again and I have to report it once more.

The solution's framework and some of the techniques need improvement. I've been watching Aruba, and they have a lot of technologies within the access points. For example, it has a virtual controller to connect all Aruba switches.

Sharing access, sharing Wi-Fi or access IDs would be great.

I've been using the solution for four years.

We've been satisfied with the level of stability of the solution.

The scalability is okay; it covers a large area. Right now, we have about 100 users connected to it.

Technical support has been okay.

We also use Aruba. We use both solutions consecutively.

For those with IT knowledge, the initial setup is easy. Those without IT knowledge will struggle quite a bit. Certain aspects like using an adapter to connect to the laptop and connect the IP and configure it will be difficult to learn. Deployment and proper configuration only take about 10-15 minutes for those that know what they are doing.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise others to carefully read the datasheet of Linksys and all the tools. It's also a good idea to make a thorough analysis of the company so that you'll know what size you will use and which solution to work with.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

LAPAC 1200
More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.