Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

A robust solution for networking that can scale easily

What is our primary use case?

We are a tech services company and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers.

The primary use case for Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches is for networking in a data center, or campus networking.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Cisco routers is that they are robust. One of our customers has a switch that has been running for more than ten years without any issues.

What needs improvement?

Having the option for a web-based interface would be an improvement over being forced to use the CLI. This is especially true for the high-end switches.

I have been dealing with these switches for quite some time.

Stability-wise, I think that they are good. I haven't had any issues with them.

The switches are all easy to scale. No problem there.

I have contacted technical support before and they are not so bad. The response time is quite good. Overall, I would say that they are average.

I have used switches by Cisco, D-Link, and Dell. The D-Link switches are not as robust and sometimes lose their configuration. The Dell switches are similar but cheaper than Cisco.

Overall, Cisco is the best switch.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not so difficult.

The length of time for deployment depends on what you are doing and how much configuration is required. If it is plug and play then it won't take long, but if you have to configure the switch and use the CLI then it will take longer.

Cisco switches are a little expensive when it comes to the price. We are starting to phase out of the sale of these because of the higher price.

Cisco licenses are renewed every year.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anyone who is considering this type of solution is to first consider the budget. Dell switches are cheaper and they do almost the same thing as Cisco.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.