Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches Review

Good pricing and performance, but offers no support in Iran

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution because of it's relatively cheaper price (as compared to other options).

What is most valuable?

The pricing of the solution is very good. It works well within our network.

What needs improvement?

There isn't anything negative to point out about the solution. Like all Cisco products, it's very good.

If possible, we'd like to see support in our country, but it will be difficult as we are located in Iran.

The solution doesn't have rich features and only offers a small support for expander products and protocols.

I've been using Cisco products for about ten years and Cisco Linksys ethernet switches for about four or five years.

The stability of the solution is very good. We've never had any issues. There are issues, however, with the Cisco firewall in the network. It may cause crashes, but the Lynksys solution has worked very well.

The solution is not scalable in a larger organization network; we prefer to use Cisco Catalyst Ethernet Switches for enterprise-level organizations. For smaller organizations, because of the price, Cisco Lynksys is a better choice.

We're located in Iran, and therefore don't have access to technical support for this or any other enterprise solution provider.

The initial setup is very easy.

Deployment times vary and are dependant on design options. However,  when I want to implement a basic installation and configuration, it does not take long. I can set up and run Cisco Ethernet solution in less than 10 minutes.

We handle the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

All of our Cisco products are on-premises deployment models.

I'd recommend the solution for those who are price-conscious and those who are looking for good performance.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

A lot of things can be better with these types of devices, however, it depends on Cisco's policies. These types of products could support more features and protocols in the future. Cisco could work to improve these types of products, by enhancing performance and other related items.

More Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Aerospace/Defense Firm
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Cisco Linksys Ethernet Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.