Cisco MDS Series Review
Great for integrating SAN switch with multiple vendor links
- It enables us to integrate and load balance between multiple layer one fiber vendor link. Very useful!
- The MDS 9222i VSAN technology allows us to create separate groups for multiple vendor links.
- Less expensive than other multi-protocol routers in the market
- Provides data compression QOS service at layer one which enables us to transfer larger data sets in less time
Room for Improvement:
- We had to go through a difficult configuration to integrate it with our IBM Brocade SAN switch.
- I find it difficult to operate and troubleshoot.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Mar 22 2013